MoCap – Week 5

This week we experimented with the perception neuron kit. We started out by assessing each component to the correct part of the body, then connecting the parts in series and ending by putting all the chips necessary.

We then connected to our local router and checked to see if all the body parts where working correctly.

Once everything was in order we started the calibration process which proved to be a very painful experience since we could not surpass the first stance for more than 30 minutes.

Finally, when we managed to calibrate correctly we tried to live feed through Unreal Engine. There was a problem again and we got disconnected and no feed was broadcasting.

Overall it felt like the Perception Neuron was not the most reliable source for motion capturing. We will try it out again next time and see if we get a more solid outcome.

Environment Update:

Made some new material by using bit2material software. Snow material for the rocks  and dirty metal for some objects. Working on triggering various lights on several locations.

Animation Characters:

Leave a Reply